The clearly presented product navigation in our e-catalogue takes you quickly to the product you are looking for. You will also receive useful additional information, such as product datasheets or customer drawings. You can send us samples or price inquiries or place products in the shopping basket.
New! 2012/2013 Flip Page Catalogue online!
Click on the image below!
Tissue Culture Inserts
6, 12 and 24 Well Cell Culture Inserts for Multiwell Plates
For advanced cell and tissue culture applications, Greiner Bio-One offers an extensive family of membrane supports - ThinCertTM. Combining 6 different membrane specifications (pore size and density) in geometries to fit 6,12 and 24 well plates, the ThinCertTM cell culture inserts are suitable for a wide range of applications including transport, secretion and diffusion studies, migrational experiments, cytotoxicity testing, co-cultures, trans epithelial electric resistance (TEER) measurements, as well as primary cell culture.
ThinCertTM cell culture inserts are compatible with standard CELLSTAR® multiwall plates from Greiner Bio-One, and are pre-packed together with the requisite number of plates. The automated production process includes double optical control of each insert produced, ensuring that any biological contamination is avoided. The sterility of the single blisterpacked inserts and multiwall plates is ensured by irradiation.
ThinCertTM cell culture inserts are produced from high-grade clear polystyrene housings, and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) capillary pore membranes. Both materials, polystyrene and PET, are USP class VI certified and cell culture compatible. The coupling between the housing and the membrane is achieved using an automated process which produces an extremely strong and robust seal without compromising or weakening the membrane in any way. The membranes undergo a physical surface treatment to optimise cellular adherence and growth characteristics. All the capillary pores in a membrane exhibit a high degree of uniformity in diameter. This uniformity ensures reliable and consistent exchange rates between the two compartments and thus provides reproducibility when conducting multiple experiments.
Which Membrane to use?
- Small pore sizes (0.4 and 1 μm in diameter) for co-cultivation as well as for transportation, secretion, and diffusion studies
- Larger pore sizes (3 and 8 μm in diameter) for migration and invasion studies
- Transparent membranes (in general low pore density) suitable for light and electron microscopy
- Translucent membranes (in general high pore density) suitable for electron microscopy, TEER, and transport assays
Suitability chart of the different membrane types:
|0,4 μm transparent
||0,4 μm translucent
||1,0 μm transparent||3,0 μm transparent||3,0 μm translucent
||8,0 μm translucent
|Trans epithelial electric resistance (TEER)||+||+*||+||+||+*||+*|
|Transport and uptake studies
+* very suitable
- not suitable
Further Information/Application Notes:
- Forum No. 8: ThinCert™ cell culture products – innovative solutions for cell-based assays and tissue culture
- ThinCertTM Product flyer
- ThinCertTM Plate Product flyer
- Application Note: The reconstruction and immunocytochemical characterisation of polarised epithelia in ThinCert™ cell culture inserts
- Application Note: Co-culture in ThinCert™ cell culture inserts
- Application Note: Tissue reconstruction using ThinCert™ Cell Culture Inserts and Plates
- Transepithelial Electrical Resistance and Impedance Measurements with ThinCert™ Cell Culture Inserts and the cell Zscope® System
- A quantitative cell invasion assay using ThinCert™ cell culture inserts
- A quantitative cell migration assay using ThinCert™ cell culture inserts
- ThinCert™ Tissue Culture Inserts - Application Guideline
- ThinCertTM Bibliography
General Terms and Conditions download